Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Taco Waffles

I enjoy cooking but there are many times I get into a rut and find myself cooking the same things over and over. Not to mention trying new recipes can often become rather spendy! Since both kiddos generally in the afternoon I turn on my girl Rachel Ray and do a little housework.

Every now and then a recipe will peak my interest and I decide to try to my hand it. Taco waffles were so good and so easy I just had to share!! This was my version and you can the original version (with a lot more ingredients) on her website.



Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef (you can substitute with ground turkey)
1 package corn muffin mix (about 1.5 cups)
I packet of taco seasoning
1 egg
1/3 cup of milk
2 tbs melted butter
1 cup cheese (I used cheddar but the possibilities are endless) 

Directions:
-brown the beef, drain, and add taco seasoning to taste. Let cool
-heat your waffle iron
-mix together corn muffin mix, egg, milk and butter
-add cooled meat and cheese to corn muffin mixture
-evenly pour over waffle iron, close and cook for 5 minutes 
-add taco toppings (we used ketchup and sour cream. My husband used salsa and sour cream)



 

 
And because the waffle iron is the new crockpot (just kidding nothing could replace my crockpot) but none the less because the waffle iron is super quick and easy, stayed tuned in for tomorrow when I show you how to make waffle cookies!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment