Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's just a bad day not a bad life

Some days are hard. Like wake up to dog puke on the carpet, baby screaming as soon as I get shampoo in my hair, toddler has spilled the same bowl of popcorn three times and haven't eaten yet today, hard! And being a perfectionist only makes those hard days harder.
Yes I happen to be a perfectionist. It's the reason I don't sell my crafts on etsy, the reason I started writing a book and never finished, the reason I straighten my hair every single day and its the reason that if we have a rough day I blame myself. 
So today I had to remind myself that the laundry truly is never ending and I'm not falling as a mother because I haven't folded it yet, that the dishes are a sign that my family is well fed not that I'm lazy, that my children most likely aren't up at night conspiring against me on who will nap when so I don't get even two minutes to myself, and that admitting all this doesn't make weak, actually maybe a little bit stronger. 
Today's been one of those days. But instead of panicking because I have laundry that needs to be folded and clean dishes in the dishwasher, I am going to sit on the couch with my (finally) sleeping baby because its just a bad day and not a bad life and everything else will just have to wait until later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment